33 Essential Resources for Developers & Designers
We’ve assembled 33 of our favorite resources since January and separated them into three easily digestible lists: inspiration, design and development.
- Top 10 Firefox Add-Ons for Web Designers
Here are 10 add-ons that will help web designers improve their productivity, lighten their code and test sites in various browsers.
- HOW TO: Add Social Sharing Buttons to Your Website
Here’s a quick guide to the best practices for adding social sharing buttons to your site or blog.
- 8 Powerful & Inexpensive Desktop Design Apps
If you’re working on a small budget or just looking to try something new, check out these eight design apps, all priced under $50.
- HOW TO: Design & Program a Facebook Landing Page for Your Business
Much has been written about setting up a custom Facebook landing page, but there’s a lot of nuance that goes into programming a successful one. Here’s an in-depth guide with code examples.
- Why Trends & Crowdsourcing Remain Logo Design’s Hot Button Issues
Our panel to discuss this topic includes UK logo designer Graham Smith, designer and logo-design blogger Jacob Cass and Raj Abhyanker, CEO of Trademarkia, a firm specializing in trademarks and logos.
- 5 Ways to Ensure Your Site Is Accessible to the Visually Impaired
Millions of Americans have some form of visual impairment, and with older users getting online, it’s important that your site is visually accessible to all. Here are some tips for font, color, contrast and design.
- HOW TO: Hire a Great Web Designer, With Y Combinator’s Garry Tan
A good web designer can be costly. Y Combinator’s Garry Tan has tips for finding the best talent for your company’s website.
- The Fundamentals & Best Practices of Logo Design
Our panel to discuss this topic includes UK logo designer Graham Smith, designer and logo design blogger Jacob Cass, and Raj Abhyanker, CEO of Trademarkia, a firm specializing in trademarks and logos.
- 10 Premium Tumblr Themes Worth Paying For
Sometimes you’ve got to pony up some cash to get at the online goodness. These 10 Tumblr themes are worth every penny.
- HOW TO: Get the Most From Crowdsourced Design Competitions
Crowdsourcing a logo can be a great deal, but you may not always get what you bargained for. These six steps can help you get the most bang for your buck.
- How App-Like Design Can Turn Your Site Visitors Into Customers
Apps are all about action, and they can teach us a lot when it comes to keeping visitors engaged with a website. Check out these app-centric usability tips for better design.
For more news and resources on the topics covered in this post, you can follow Mashable‘s dev & design channel on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
More About: features, web design, Web Development
For more Dev & Design coverage:
, 33 Essential Resources for Developers & Designers, http://feeds.mashable.com/~r/Mashable/~3/2H_RHWifgmY/, mindcorp-tech
Tags: andrew robinson, design, digital marketing, London, mind corporation, mindcorp, news, Oslo, social media, Tv and film advertising agencies, Web and multimedia agency London